The VTCT Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Nail Services is a job ready qualification based on National Occupational Standards for Nail Services.
This is a substantial vocational qualification for learners seeking a career as a Nail Technician. This qualification is designed for learners aged 16 years or over and will support you to gain employment as a nail technician in a salon, as the units contained in this qualification cover all the skills and knowledge required for this role. Entry onto this qualification can be via previous attainment of a Level 1 qualification in beauty therapy and/or a successful skills test and interview.
This is a vocational qualification and includes all the required elements to work effectively as a junior therapist including, mandatory units covering the following: manicure, pedicure, Gel, Wrap and acrylic Nail Extensions Nail art, client care and health and safety.
- Learning Outcomes
- Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
- Promote additional services or products to customers
- Develop and maintain effectiveness at work
- Fulfil salon reception duties
- Provide manicure services
- Provide pedicure services
- Carry out nail art services
- Apply and maintain nail enhancements to create a natural finish